Monday, November 19, 2012

Mini Cupcakes for Two! (Or one, if you're like me.)

There are times when all I want is a cupcake, and I want it now. At the same time, though, there it no way I have the time, patience, or the room space to bake a whole batch. So what do I do? I make just two cupcakes! I didn't really feel like going through the whole process of baking something in the oven, though, so I used my AWESOME mini cupcake maker. I actually got it at a garage sale- I know, ew, right? BUT, I was able to find it completely unused and unopened for $20, so I went against my normal no-kitchenware-at-garage-sales rule and bought it, and boy, am I glad I did! With seven cupcakes in seven minutes, I'm pretty sure it's the steal of a lifetime.


Enough with that, and on to the cupcakes! Using my normal recipe for two cupcakes only, I just put the batter into my mini maker instead of the oven, and it evened out perfectly into four minis.

Recipe for a small batch of chocolate frosting:
Heaping tbs cocoa powder
1 tbs room temperature butter
3 tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp milk/cream
tiny pinch of salt
Whisk all together and slather on top of the cupcakes!